Our team is here to answer your questions. Please contact us if you need additional help.
By using our Platform, you consent to this Policy and our Terms of Service, and we encourage you to read this Billing Policy as well as our Terms of Service in their entirety from time to time as we may update our Billing Policy and Terms of Service without notice. We welcome your comments and feedback on this Policy, and you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscription plans are billed in four-week increments.
- Your account will automatically be billed at the beginning of each four-week increment.
- A courtesy invoice will be emailed 24 hours before your account is billed.
Insurance Reimbursement Policy
- Joon does not directly bill insurance companies.
- We will provide you with appropriate documentation to seek reimbursement yourself. This documentation is in the form of a paid invoice that is sent to you via email at the end of each billing period, which includes information requested by most insurance companies.
- Sending this document to your insurance company does not guarantee reimbursement. Each insurance company, and insurance plan, has variations in the types of services and providers that they will pay for. Clinicians licensed at the associate level are supervised by licensed providers. Services with associate clinicians may not be eligible for insurance reimbursement
- Regarding services, all Joon services fall under the following billing codes: CPT 90834 & 90837 (psychotherapy) and CPT 90791 (diagnostic evaluation), with all services performed via telehealth.
- Regarding providers, you will always be notified of your provider’s discipline (psychologist, mental health therapist, etc.), degree(s), and licensure at the onset of services. You will be notified of your provider’s trainee status, if applicable.
- If you terminate therapy early and forfeit sessions during the remainder of the billing cycle, insurance likely will not cover these sessions.
- It is your responsibility to check your insurance plan and find out if Joon services will be covered.
Subscription Renewal Policy
- Renewal packages are available based on client needs.
- Please let your therapist and email@example.com know at least 14 days before your last scheduled appointment if you would like to renew to avoid any interruption of services.
- We will tell you if your therapist will be unavailable for your session. If your therapist will miss more than one session in a row, we will come up with a plan that works for you.
- Appointments may be rescheduled in the Joon app or by contacting us at least 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled appointment.
- With 48 hour notice, we will partner with your therapist and you to find a new time.
- If a reschedule request is sent less than 48 hours in advance, it will be considered a late cancellation. Please see our cancellation policy below.
- You may reschedule up to 3 appointments in a 16-week package.
- Intake appointments may be canceled by contacting us at least 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled appointment. With 48 hour notice, we will refund your intake fee.
- If an intake appointment is canceled less than 48 hours in advance, or your therapist cannot contact you during your scheduled appointment, no refund will be issued.
- Appointments may be canceled in the Joon Care app or by contacting us at least 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled appointment.
- With 48 hour notice, we will add an appointment to your 16-week package to make up for the cancellation.
- If an appointment is canceled less than 48 hours in advance, the appointment is considered a "Late Cancel" and can not be rescheduled.
- Therapist will wait 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time for you to join the video call. If you do not enter the video appointment by this time, this is considered a "No Show" and cannot be rescheduled
- "Late Cancel" and "No Show" appointments will count towards your 16-week subscription plan. No refund will be issued.
Pausing a Subscription Plan
- If you would like to temporarily pause your subscription, please contact us for assistance.
Subscription Plan Cancellation
- You can cancel your subscription plan at any time.
- No refunds will be issued for payments during the current billing period.
- If you cancel a subscription plan with two weeks' notice before the end of a current billing period no fee will be accrued.
- If you cancel a subscription plan less than two weeks before the end of a current billing period a $150 fee will be charged.
Last Updated: August 16, 2021