Our team is here to answer your questions. Please contact us if you need additional help.
You consent to this Policy and our Terms of Service. We encourage you to read this Billing Policy as well as our Terms of Service in their entirety from time to time as we may update our Billing Policy and Terms of Service without notice. We welcome your comments and feedback on this Policy, and you may email us at email@example.com.
Plans are billed in four-week increments in advance and automatically renew unless canceled in accordance with our cancellation policy. Please see our cancellation policy below.
Insurance Reimbursement Policy
Joon requires a credit card to be placed on file prior to receiving service. Clients are responsible for all charges incurred whether or not insurance provides coverage. If Joon is able to bill your insurance company directly, we will notify you prior to your intake session. Please note:
- Copayment is due prior to receiving services.
- It is your responsibility to notify Joon of any changes to your insurance coverage prior to receiving services.
If Joon is unable to bill your insurance company directly, we will provide you with appropriate documentation to seek reimbursement yourself.
- Documentation is in the form of a paid statement which includes billing codes and diagnostic information requested by most insurance companies. Statements will be sent to you via email upon completion of prepaid sessions in each billing period.
- Joon Care cannot guarantee reimbursement. It is your responsibility to check with your insurance plan to confirm coverage for Joon services. Each insurance company, and insurance plan, has variations in the types of services and providers that they will pay for. Clinicians licensed at the associate level are supervised by licensed providers. Services with associate clinicians may not be eligible for insurance reimbursement.
- You will always be notified of your provider’s discipline (psychologist, mental health therapist, etc.), degree(s), and licensure at the onset of services. You will be notified of your provider’s associate status, if applicable.
- If you terminate therapy early and forfeit prepaid sessions, insurance likely will not cover these sessions.
- Renewal packages are available based on client needs.
- Please let your therapist and firstname.lastname@example.org know at least 14 days (2 weeks) before your last scheduled appointment if you would like to renew to avoid any interruption of services.
- You will be notified if your therapist will be unavailable for your scheduled session. Should your therapist become unavailable for 2 or more consecutive sessions, we will work with you to determine the best next course of action.
- Appointments may be rescheduled in the Joon app or by contacting us at least 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled appointment.
- With 48 hours’ notice, we will partner with your therapist and you to reschedule your session.
- If a request to reschedule a session is sent fewer than 48 hours in advance, it will be considered a late cancellation. Please see our cancellation policy below.
- You may reschedule up to 3 appointments in a 16-week period.
- Intake appointments may be canceled by contacting us at least 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled appointment. With 48 hours’ notice, we will refund your intake fee.
- If an intake appointment is canceled less than 48 hours in advance, or if your therapist cannot contact you during your scheduled appointment, no refund will be issued.
- Appointments may be canceled in the Joon Care app or by contacting us at least 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled appointment.
- If an appointment is canceled less than 48 hours in advance, the appointment is considered a "Late Cancel" and cannot be rescheduled.
- Your therapist will wait 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time for you to join the video call. If you do not enter the video appointment by this time, this is considered a "No Show" and cannot be rescheduled.
- "Late Cancellation" and "No Show" appointments will count towards your prepaid session plan. No refund will be issued.
- If you are using health insurance to cover the cost of services and your plan does not include coverage for “Late Cancellation” or “No Show” appointments, you will be responsible for the session payment in full.
Pausing a Plan
- If you would like to temporarily pause your sessions, please contact us for assistance.
- You can cancel your plan at any time.
- No refunds will be issued for pre-paid sessions.
- If you cancel a plan with two weeks' notice before the end of a current billing period, no fee will be charged. If you cancel a plan less than two weeks before the end of the current billing period, a $150 fee will be charged.
Last Updated: Mar 17, 2023